Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Every Week is "Spirit Week" here at the CCM, but this week we took it a little further...

Hola From Mexico City,

Last Saturday we taught TRC for the first time... Admittedly I don't remember what TRC stands for but it is when people from the city come in and we teach a short lesson on a gospel principle.
Most are members or less active people. We were suppose to teach last Saturday but there was not enough volunteers so we ended up just practicing with our district. This week however our teacher made sure we got to teach twice to make up for lost time. Both of our volunteers talked so fast.(It makes me worried to hear what Chileans will sound like) With our second volunteer I tried to say 'How are you?´ But mistakenly asked her 'What time is it?' These two phrases are not remotely similar but I some how always mix them up. Oh well, we all got a pretty good laugh out of it.

Cue Arial because I want to be where the people are... in Chile.So two more weeks until I am out of here and my district and I couldn't be more excited. We knew this week was going to feel like a long one, next week we will have a few more preparation meeting to break up the studying.In an effort to make the week feel more fun and fast we decided to make it 'Spirit Week.' Each day we dress up according to a new theme.
The Scheduled:
Monday: Old school(aka Granny Day) (Basically wearing the frumpiest outfits we had)
Tuesday: Too Many Polka Dot Tuesday
Wednesday: What the Crap Wednesday/ Wacked Out Wednesday (It is p day so we are just dressing silly as possible- while staying appropriate)
Thursday: Throwback or 80´s Day
Friday: Funeral Friday (The boys came up with that one... who knows why)- We wear all black
Saturday: Swaggy Saturday- Dress Classy
You are all welcome to participate ;) hehe

It seems that God wanted to join us this week because he sent too many dots from Heaven last night as we had a huge hail storm. Oh boy. I was so grateful I water proofed my shoes already because it was a down pour. All the girls were running around with their shoes off to protect them but I didn't have to worry about that. We were so grateful for our warm beds last night. We only hope God will not participate in Funeral Friday. We have a strict no dying policy here at the CCM.

The language is coming little by little. I am learning how to have patients with myself. I am nervous for Chilean Spanish but I have faith that everything happens for a reason and it will all work out.

I am so incredibly blessed here to be surrounded by such great people. I feel I have made some life long friends here in my district.

I love you all. Thanks for the prayers, letters and love sent this way!
Hermana Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment