Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hermana's sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked

Blessing 1 of the week: I found another brand of salt and vinegar chips!!! Yes!

Here in my mission I was lucky enough to be 'born close' to Centro Concepción where they have a Walmart! Yay! Well it is actually called Lider but it is the same thing. There are corner markets EVERYWHERE where people buy bread, sweets and few other house hold items (I guess you could compare them to gas a station.) but there is really no place like lider.  It is so nice to find the same types of food we have at home there. 
The food here is pretty good. They serve a LOT of it but I enjoy it. The pan here is the best. I don't know how I lived before it. It is dangerously fattening but with all the walking we do I feel like I am working off all the food.

We are starting to work with people on their family history. Most of them are converts, so they are doing work for there parents and siblings which is so cool. Every week we get 2 hours to work on our own family history and one day Hermana Howe and I were complaining that we really have nothing to do during that time because our families have been member since the church has began. After visiting a sister who was a first generation convert, our minds were changed. She is the only one of her family who is a member and her family is not so supportive of her in the church but she is so strong and wants to do work for all her family. My family has been members for generations! What a blessing. We are so supported.

Things here are great. When we have conferences with other missionaries they all give me the "How are you really?" but honestly I am so good. It is true, I am still kinda just a warm body in most of the lessons and it is frustrating but I am happy. I am very tired but I am happy. I am so so sore, but I am happy. There are so many difficulties each day but there are so many blessings. I have never understood this exactly but our happiness, our success and even our quality of life is up to us. As long as you keep things in perspective, life is good.

We had zone conference this week with the Arringtons and it was good to see them. They are such wonderful people.

We went to the beach today in Tome and played games with another zone and that was so fun. I kinda got attacked by a dog when we were there but all is well. I went to tag someone and fell into the sand so it came to bother me. I didn't get bitten and I got a few good kicks at it so all it well. Good story. 

Cheek kisses
Hermana Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment