Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7, 2016

Okay this week has flow by! I was really nervous that training would make the weeks longer but that definitely is not the case. I am however tired. I have never been so tired and happy. I am pretty sure my companion thinks I am a freak but I think she is enjoying herself. I am so proud of her. She is just so energized to preach the gospel. She is really teaching me. This week she did a street contact all by herself. I didn't have to say anything. She is so eager to speak and participate in the lessons. The whole branch is really impressed by her. I am such a proud mom.

We have continued to look and find this week and while we didn't have anyone with fecha in church, we have a lot of hope for this week. We have found a lot in the last two weeks and I we will be extending baptism again this week to everyone.

I love Linares. It has been a blast to be in another gringa house. We pulled a little prank on the newbies and told them we nap instead of plan on Sundays. We crawled into bed and the were all scared running around like: 'our trainers are tweca!' but we all had a good laugh about it and got up and went planning. So gullible.

We had a conference in Chillan on Thursday and I got to see Hermana Ovando and Hermana Black again. Trio reunited. We talked about the conference in January: Preach repentance and baptize converts and Elder Bednars discussion with the Area about teaching as well. We have made the goal to focus in and talk more about repentance in our teachings.

A mistake that we make as missionaries sometimes is that we focus how repentance is a step we make to get to baptism. But really repentance is a step that we use to get to eternal life. It is something that needs to be applied daily and consistently over a long period of time to reach our ultimate goal of perfection. I testify of the healing power of Christ's atonement. He has paid the price. What he asks of us is humble heart, willing to make changes and repent according to his will. I know we can be clean again through him.

I love you guys so much. Have a wonderful week!
Que les vaya bien!
besitos!
Hermana Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment