Tuesday, October 6, 2015

¡Conferencia General!‏


What a wonderful week. A long, but wonderful week.

Here are some highlights

 

On Tuesday we invited our mission President's Wife, Hermana Arrington to come out with us on so visits. It was such a great day! We visited Fabiàn with her and her testimony brought such a great spirit to the lesson. We taught him about prophets and he asked us if we'd be happy if he became prophet one day. It was a joke, but we told him that we would be very proud of him if he became prophet but that first he needed to be baptized. He has always related to Joseph Smith so we joke and call him Fabiàn Smith. He came to all sessions of conference and told us of his excitement to become a teacher after his baptism. He is so incredible. He has such desires to change and please God. He is so excited to be baptized in 2 weeks.

 

We also put a date for Jannier for baptism at the beginning of November. She attended 2 sessions of conference and really liked it. Despite the fact that her mother and father do not want her to be baptized, she has a testimony of the church and is following what she knows to be true.  I love her. She so brave.

 

It is weird that our focus group has turned into the youth program! It show me that really in these final days Heavenly Father is sending his strongest soldiers to come and grow in the gospel. I look up to Jainner and Fabian so much. I feel so blessed Heavenly Father trust us to teach them.

 

We also had zone conference this week. (15 hours of conference for us)

 

We spoke a lot about helping our areas understand the importance of keeping the Sabbath day Holy. I learned so much, even about how we as missionaries can consecrate our Sundays more fully to our Father in Heaven.

 

I was so moved by General Conference, and I just want to invite you if you haven't already had the chance to listen to the talks, to do it. And then review it. I know we have a prophet of God on the earth today. I know that through the words of his servants the Lord tells us all that we need to know and do. God can answer any questions and doubts that you have if you are willing to act on the words of his prophets.

 

I love this mission. Through everything I know that this is where I am supposed to be. I know that God has a path for all of us. He Loves us and knows our needs.

Besos

Hermana Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment