Monday, October 19, 2015

Fabian's baptism


We had a baptism yesterday! (¡Por fin!) It might be the most beautiful thing I think I have ever witnessed. We had it after church and so many people helped out which was awesome. His family came and while we were taking pictures President and Hermana Arrington showed up! Hermana Arrington had taught him with us a few weeks back and we had invited her to come (but didn’t hear from them after so we expected them not to come) It was such a pleasant surprise. We started the meeting with two talks from a youth in the ward and one of Fabians mentors in his basketball team. Hey were really neat. We then went to the font and there he was baptized by his neighbor, Hermano Colla- It was a really emotional moment for me and Hermana Prettyman. After that We heard his seminary teacher give her testimony and then Hermana Prettyman and I sang a musical number together. The Spirit was so strong in the room when Hermana Arrington then got up and bore her testimony about how Fabian was a chosen spirit to help the Lords work and share the gospel- tears were shed.

I feel so lucky to have had the chance to teach Fabian. I know that God put him in our path for a reason

Other craziness CAMBIOS today! I am going to Linares! It is literally a dream come true! Hermana Ormeño and Hermana Prettyman have both been there and LOVED it- their favorite sectors. I am thrilled to meet their converts. It is 'Campo' or away from the city which I am really excited about. I will be with Hermana Ovando AGAIN! Crazy right?  I am excited 3 weeks just wasn’t enough together.

I want to testify that God lives and he loves each and every one of us. He has a beautiful plan for each and every one of us. He will help us achieve heights that we never could alone.

I love you!

Besos

Hermana Saunders

Fun tidbit- we woke up to the sound of meows and when we looked in our garage the tom cat that hangs around our house had kittens on an old sleeping bag in there. We now have 4 of them that wake us up every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment