Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Pray it isn't my last week in the City of Dreams

So some fun updates about the week:

We taught the Hooky-pokey to our English class. They are really coming along well.

I had a mini cambio with my CCM companion, Hermana Graham. It was such a fun day. I love her so much!

So we had these two incredible investigators when I first got here: Claudia and Fernando. After a lot of pray we determined to stop teaching them because they had stopped to progress as we had hoped. The Elders started teaching them and they were baptized this week. I love them so much and I am so happy for them, but I have to admit, I was feeling just a little bummed that I couldn't be the one to help them get baptized. I put a lot of work in and I know, it was really prideful thought, but I was like 'why can't I pick the fruits for my labors?' I prayed to be humbled. I knew I was in the wrong, thinking like that.
With this in mind we went to an appointment with our recent convert, Hector. He bore such a strong testimony about the priesthood and on Sunday he got to bless the sacrament for the first time. It

made me so happy. I realized if we hadn't dropped Claudia and Fernando at the time we did we never would have had time to find Hector. I was knew the Lord had answered my prayers.
In reality, I was the most blessed there because I got to know and love all three of them. And each one has touched my heart and changed me with their testimonies. The Elders had really helped them progress from where they were, and I know it was the plan God had in mind. It was an important lesson to learn for me that really anything that we ever do as missionaries is only because the Lord is so loving that he let's us do it. 

I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned here in Linares. Next week we have cambios again! Fingers crossed I get one more here in the sector of dreams!

Besitos
Hermana Saunders


No comments:

Post a Comment