Monday, May 2, 2016

Mini Cambios

Great week! It was a wet one, it rained most days but it was fun breaking out the rain boots again.

I went on my first 'mini-cambio' this week with Hermana Calderon from Peru. The last time we were in the same zone was a year ago when we were 'born' into the mission. She will complete 9 months in this sector at the end of this cambio. She is breaking records. I expected to find her completely sick of the area. Hermana Gonzalaz told me that she hasn't really opened up to a lot of Hermanas about her feelings and wished me good luck as I left with her after district class. Big headed me thinking- I am going to crack this Hermana, so I can be one of those 'cool' sister leaders and she will tell me what's up. Well every day I am learning I am a bigger idiot. She taught me so much. It was such a fun day. We talked about how she felt staying there so long and she was like- Everyone thinks I am dying inside or something for being here so long but the truth is I just want to do what Jesus did and love the people and do what God would have me do, there is more for me to do here. I was really humbled by her attitude.

We have been really focusing on finding this week and were blessed to meet a lot of new people. Unfortunately they all 'died' before the weekend but it has been a real blessing and faith builder to know that God answers our prayers and that he didn't let our numbers drop even though we don't really have anyone to teach. 
Love you!
Hope you have a great week and I will see some of you on Sunday ;)
Besitos
Hermana Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment